Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (12)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. The book I chose this week is:

The Carrier of the Mark
by Leigh Fallon

Paperback: 352 pages
Publication Date: September 13, 2011

A move to Ireland is about to introduce Megan to her destiny, her real destiny, can she embrace it and will she survive it?

A tragedy in Megan’s past set her on a predetermined course. A chain of events has been set in motion that brings Megan to Kinsale, a small town in the south of Ireland where her destiny awaits her. Her life starts to fall into place as she makes new friends and settles into her new school. However, the reclusive and distant Adam DeRĂ­s calls to her body and soul.

She finds herself increasingly drawn to Adam and his strange family. Adam knows a secret from her past and he and his family hold the key to her future. A future that binds her to Adam and his world, a world of power, mystery and ancient orders. A world that unbeknownst to her, she very much belongs in.

This one's starting to get more buzz around the blogosphere. I heard that this is the first book to be discovered and published from a website called inkpop.com. Sounds pretty impressive. I already knew I wanted to read this because of the cover, but the summary sounds even better! Can't wait!

24 comments:

  1. I've been excited for this one too! Ireland, secrets, power, mystery, and ancient orders? Heck yeah! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard of this one before! It's set in Ireland? It's a mystery?! I'm in!

    Melissa @ SheShines

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound really good!

    I haven't heard of it before but I would definitely read this.

    Great pick! :)

    I love waiting on Wed, I always find so many new books that I want to read.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very excited about this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love the cover? I love it so much! Plus the plot's pretty interesting, so I really can't wait for this book to come out. Great WoW pick!

    Here are my Waiting on Wednesday picks

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book seems very good ! Great pick !

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO excited for this one, too! The story sounds amazing, but the cover is what really draws me in. Plus it's set in Ireland, always a plus! :D

    Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book doesn't sound like my kind of book, but the cover sure is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cover is gorgeous! I am looking forward to it as well! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one is already on my TBR list! It sounds AWESOME! I'd love to move to Ireland..it's so beautiful!
    (I just realized that we have the same background..LOL.*high5*)

    I'm your newest follower, and I look forward to reading more of your posts! =)

    Here's my WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am Soooooooo excited to read this book! I can't wait until it's released! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick, it does sound quite impressive. Have a great week reading ;)
    Joy at Books and Life

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cover. IT does sounds great. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I added this to my TBR a couple days ago, it's such an awesome cover! http://readswithwrecklessabandon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seen this book twice now; it sounds SO good. It's on my TBR list. Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm looking forward to this one, a book set in Ireland sounds great.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sounds really good. The cover is absolutely GORGEOUS! Here is my Wow pick for this week. Make sure to check out my giveaway of The Restorer while you are there :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds really good to me , love books set in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this cover is so gorgeous! Plus- I have a thing for books set in Ireland! It sounds really awesome- and is going on my TBR ASAP. :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is on my TBR list, and I absolutely love this cover!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The cover is really pretty.

    I am following you from WoW.
    http://www.seekreadblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hadn't heard of this one before seeing it here. Sounds fab- thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree with it getting more attention on the blogosphere - I saw this a while ago and added it to my TBR :D. It sounds amazing :). Any elements of Irish mythology or folklore would be awesome as well as the inherent mystery and romance... and it has such a beautiful cover!! Plus, like you said, it's the first one from inkpop, and that site is pretty impressive. Harperteen does a good job. Great choice :D.

    PS - I also just wanted to say that I love your header! Very pretty images!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Inkpop-never heard of it. If they carry on finding books like this, I think it'll be one to watch! I lovethe cover to this... Enjoy today x
    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...