Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Review: Deadly Little Games

Deadly Little Games (Touch #3)
by Laurie Faria Stolarz
Camelia and Ben have discovered a powerful bond: They both possess the power of psychometry, the ability to sense things through touch. For Ben, the gift is a frightening liability. When he senses a strong threat or betrayal, he risks losing control and hurting people. Camelia's gift is more mysterious. When she works with clay, her hands sculpt messages her mind doesn't yet comprehend.
Before either teen has a chance to fully grasp these abilities, an unresolved family tragedy resurfaces in Camelia's life, irrevocably changing everything she cares about...

My Review / Rating: 3 of 5 stars 

I'd actually give this 3.5 stars. If you've read any of Stolarz's work, you're familiar with the mystery and intrigue that surrounds her books. This one was no different. The book starts off with Camelia sculpting an image that she just can't get out of her mind - lips. Only these aren't her boyfriend, Ben's lips. They're Adam's. Cam's ex-boyfriend and Ben's former best friend. Cam's happy with Ben, so why can't she stop thinking about Adam? This is the premise that sets off the story.

Camelia is sensing that Adam might be in trouble. This spells trouble for her relationship with Ben since Cam dated Adam in the past. Should Cam help Adam? Who would be after him, and why? We're left with cryptic clues and transcripts from therapy sessions. All leading us to believe that someone has some serious issues. It's a race for Cam to put all these clues together and help Adam before it's too late.

I did like this book because it kept my interest and I couldn't put it down, but I think the plot of fatal attraction in this series is starting to get a little too repetitive. Camelia is starting to get on my nerves a little bit too. I appreciate the fact that Stolarz tries to incorporate a love triangle into this story, but Cam's actions just don't make sense to me sometimes. Everyone is too vague about their feelings and there are just too many secrets and lies! The thing that really got on my nerves was that Cam kept asking Ben, "Is everything Okay?" while Ben's witty response would be, "Why don't you tell me?" Too much lack of communication for my taste. Overall, I would recommend this and I will be reading the next book because I'm curious to see what will happen to their relationship and how this series will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...